Thursday, September 13, 2018

Welcome Warm Greetings

Hello, Crafty Makers!
The Hubster and I have been holding our breaths for the past few months hoping that the house next door would be sold and not rented.  Prayers answered and a very nice family is moving in.  Hubster and the neighbor have already bonded over lawn mowers and leaf blowers.  My kind of neighbors, indeed.  I decided to create a quick card to welcome them to the community.

Welcome!
 Here's the Key To The Community
I have had this Memory box® die around six years or so but have only used it once or twice.  It is one of those things you get for a DT project and then forget about.  But along with my goal of learning new techniques, I am also trying to use stamps, dies, and embossing folders in new ways.  I scored the lines on this panel because I had already stamped and cut my panel but it still needed something.  I had one little boo b00 but I hope they will over look that!
I tried reducing the light hoping that the shadowing behind the leaves would show better.  I wanted to use the negative die so that the gold layer would be the color of the leaves.  But I also wanted to add more visual interest so I die cut a piece of black craft foam slightly smaller than my main panel and offset it just a bit. Not only did this create the shadow effect it also added dimension.   I added green and clear rhinestones to each leaf and scattered a few outside the main image.  I am working on making more effective use of the graphic design grid so on this card everything is left aligned.  It still feels weird but I guess I will get used to it!
I kept the inside simple and just wrote a short note welcoming them to the neighborhood and providing the contact information for our block captain.

Card Size:  4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

Materials and Supplies:
Memory Box "Lorelai Leaf" Steel Die
Sizzix Framelits™ w/Stamps "Warm Holiday Greetings"
Want 2 Scrap - Baby Bling Rhinestones: "Silver"
Kaiser - Rhinestones: "Split Pea"
Want 2 Scrap - Charm "Key to My Heart"
Bazzill Papers
Gold Card Stock
Black Craft Foam
Scor-Tape
Glitter Glue

Tools:
Die Cutting Machine
Stamp Platform or Acrylic Block
Scoreboard or Embossing Folder





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana