Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Shopping Our Stash #392 - Make An ATC (Artist Trading Coin)

Hello, Crafty Makers!
The challenge this fortnight at Shopping Our Stash is "Make An ATC".  Now, I don't make ATC(s), (Artist Trading Coins/Cards) because I am not very good at creating them.  I am unsure of their purpose and exactly what I am supposed to do with them when they are done.  I am sure that for the real "artists" out there all of these questions are moot.  Anyway, I decided to just add this to my 2019 personal challenge and take another step out of my little box.  Here goes!
~~~~
MY VERY FIRST ARTIST TRADING COIN
Front
Front
Back
For some odd reason, the rub on "attitude is everything" started peeling off.  It may be because of the ink...IDK.  I decided to just go with it because I wasn't about to start over.  My grandson likes this and asked if he could have it. "Oh Yes, you can!"
Stuff I used
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------

Paper Napkin ATC
Well, once I got started, I just couldn't stop there.  So, I thought about using a cocktail napkin.  I once went napkin crazy! Now I need to use them
Napkin Coin 1
~~~~~
Napkin Coin 2
Using my Tim Holtz® Stamp Platform, I stamped my image using Staz~On Black ink.  I cut a piece of white card stock in half and applied Mod Podge to one.  I allowed the glue to dry and then I placed the napkin on top, I then covered it with a piece of parchment paper and ironed the sheet to adhere the napkin to the CS.   Once the napkin adhered, I placed it back on my stamp platform and using Versa Mark® Embossing Ink stamped the image a second time but slightly offset.  I embossed the image using white embossing powder.  In real life, the white embossing has a shimmery look...very pretty.
~~~~
ABSTRACT ARTIST COIN
On a 6"x6" piece of white card stock, I used my Heidi Swap Mini Stencil to create a patterned background.  Using Distress Oxide Inks, I colored each circle.  I stamped a floral image in embossing ink and then embossed it with white EP.  I added a stamped sentiment and stenciled on an eye on one and a flourish on the other.  After I die cut my coins, I added a little extra color and distressed the edges.

I must admit, this was a really fun way to learn a new mixed media skill and reduce my napkin hoard.  I hope to see your creative coins in our challenge!  

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful project - nice way to use your stash thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone not liking or knowing what to do with them these are just AWESOME!!! Theme, design, execution is perfect on all of them. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chana!!!!
    These are sooooo amazingly beautiful!
    I am not sure of their purpose either, but I love love love making them!
    Fabulous job teammie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! They are genuinely fun to make. I will have to make more!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness Chana!! how gorgeous are these coins!!!, I love each one of them, so colorful, so unique and so amazing.
    Heck!! about the purpose of them??? I would hang them on my kitchen windows, I would make groups and frame them, I would hang them on my Christmas Tree...
    You just reminded me that I have a whole lot of beautiful, decorative napkins that I can also use for creating cards and coins.
    I'm blown away by the fact I didn't know anything about this, I feel like I've been living under a rock for all the years I've been stamping, sheeesh!!
    Thank you for sharing all the rest of these beautiful coins.
    XO
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These. Are. AMAZING!!! I find it so hard to believe that you've never made an ATCoin before. Did I say amazing?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing ATC Chana ! You made them like a pro ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous coins Chana love the napkin backgrounds (I bought a few packs of these too-think I have given more away then used lol)I love the one your grandson nabbed.There are a few groups on FB that swap these coins or you can use them on your cards.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wooow so many lovely coins Chana
    I never made it
    but you did it so well
    love them all
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! Whatt??? You've never made any ATC? Being the artist that you are, I am surprised! You did amazingly!!! Then again, I have not made many. Donna and I exchanged ATCards last year, and this year we are trading ATCoins. I display them in my house or in the craft shack. For some reason it's, like, freeing to work on such limited space. I just feel like I can do anything! Outstanding job! Way to use your stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana