Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Shopping Our Stash - May Flowers

Hello, Crafty Makers!
The Shopping Our Stash challenge for this fortnight is to create a project that reflects your take on MAY FLOWERS.  The flowers can be your focal image, your papers, or text.  We look forward to seeing some creative interpretations!
I found a tutorial on YouTube for using old book pages to create pouches/pockets.  I thought combining that idea with our May Flowers challenge would be fun.
Obviously, we cannot have May Flowers without Bees so...

Bee Happy
The tutorial uses old book pages to create the entire pouch but I wanted to use make use of some pretty text weight specialty paper that was ordered for some wedding stationery I create a few years ago.  The paper has a soft velvety surface and I thought it would feel make the pouch feel like cloth.
My flowers are off a little because I forgot to stamp the flap while my stamp was still on the stamping platform.  I got pretty close, though.  
This is the first time I have used my sewing machine in almost two years.  

The pouch is so handy.  You can use them to hold a gift card, tags, Artists Trading Cards, and Coins.  The pouch can also be used on a journal page.
I wish "Wink of Stella" showed up better when photographed.  My flowers, stems, and my little bee were all brushed with "Wink of Stella". I also used Glossy Accents on the Bee.
I think the Wink of Stella shows up better on this shot!

I look forward to seeing your entries at




20 comments:

  1. Stunning...love the papers you've used, great design, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little gift pouch love the stamps and the stitiching-great vintage effect with the text papers.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute little project! Love how you combined the book pages and the pretty flowers. I agree, I love using WOS pens, but can never get the shimmer to show up on my photos! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful - love everything - great job as always thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I'm stunned - that is so creative Chana!
    ~ginny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pouch, love your flowers and of course the bee, awesome stitching job, see you haven't lost the touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!! what an amazing way to re-purpose old books.
    Love the beautiful flowers and the sweet little bee and, of course, the perfect stitching on the sides.
    Fabulous idea to give a gift card, Chana.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great take on the challenge with these old vintage papers and book pages! Love the flowers and bumble bee, and what a fun way to give a gift card too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is such a great idea! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana