Monday, April 6, 2020

A Place To Start - April 2020 Challenge - Use a Ribbon or Bow

Happy April!
Time for a new monthly challenge at A Place To Start! 
We have a sponsor this month
Stamper's Delight
(formerly Scrappers's Delight)
I was so focused on trying to color this unicorn that I forgot to add my bow.  It wasn't until I had everything glued down that I saw my omission.  Technically,  I did not complete the challenge but I did use the sponsor's image so I am sharing the card!
This project presented another opportunity to play around with my Perfect Pearls™.  I wanted to add a little shimmer so after I colored my unicorn, I brushed on a light layer of "Pearl" Perfect Pearls™.  I also applied it to the background panel after I sponged the edges with Distress inks.  Although it is difficult to see in the picture, the card has a soft, satiny sheen that is so pretty IRL!
 If you click on these close-ups, you can see the shimmer!
I used Glossy Accents on her horn and hoves to add just a little more dimension and texture.  I ad a few technical issues with the card but since it is staying with me...I decided not to redo it!  I did, however, go back to shade in the white spaces on her hair.

Thanks so much for stopping by
Hugz,
Supplies:
Image: Stamper's Delight - Pegasus
Sentiment: Heidi Swapp Clear Stamps

5 comments:

  1. Chana: I love those colors together for the cute unicorn! And your background gives the image such a vibrant artsy flair! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is amazing, I LOVE the Unicorn and her beautiful colours and the beautiful background. This is a Fabulous card.
    Keep safe and well.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!The shimmer and glossy accents were a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment on my blog. Your card is adorable. I love the Perfect Pearls and Glossy Accents.

    Cheryl
    http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bow or no bow, this is fantastic and you colored it beautifully! I absolutely LOVE this dear little card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana