Wednesday, July 8, 2020

2020 Stash Party #33 - I Love Life - Baby Wipe Pseudo Stamp Pads

Hello, Crafty Peeps! 
Today, I thought I might practice the "baby wipe" technique.  A very pretty card was entered into one of my challenge blogs and I liked the look.  I have used the baby wipes on stencils but never as a stamp pad.
I am going to add this card to the "Floral" challenge at A Place To Start!

Love the Life you Live and Live the Life you Love
I had no plan when I started.  My goal was to simply practice baby wipe stamping but the practice panel looked okay so it was only natural for me to figure out how to build it into a card.  

To create my floral background, I made two faux stamp pads using baby wipes.  One for the colors in my flowers and one for the colors in my leaves.  I practiced stamping on scrap paper until I had the look I wanted.  I toyed with the idea of coloring in the flowers but in the end, I decided that I liked it better uncolored. To add some dimension and texture, I made two small vellum flowers, colored them, and attached them with a brown brad.  The ribbon was added to balance the design and I embellished the ribbon with flatback pearls, again to add texture and depth. I used my Vintage Photo re-inker and water to create splatter.  Finally, I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and layered it onto the base.  This is definitely a fun technique and I know I will use it often to create my backgrounds.
Thanks for Stopping By!
I hope to see your Floral Inspired project at
Stuff I Used

7 comments:

  1. OH! such a beautiful background, something perhaps I should look to doing? I love your colour choices and the additional details. A fabulous card.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic background and excellent combination of colours, I love it. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The technique you used is very pretty. I'm going to have to look it up and give it a try. Your card is lovely.


    Cheryl
    Visit my blog - SheStamps

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the technique Chana, beautiful card. Bye, Deezy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana