Thursday, February 4, 2021

2021 Stash Bash #3 - Happy Birthday - A Gnome Trio

 

Hello, Crafty Makers!
I did not have a chance to use these adorable Gnomes last year. I think they are Christmas Gomes, but I am choosing to use them on a birthday card!
I did not use Distress Oxides for this project.  Instead, I used acrylic paints.  The paint adds texture and, in some cases, it makes the paper mimic the texture of the watercolor paper.  I am drawing inspiration from the work of Tracy Evans and Gerry of Gerry's Craftroom.  I want to use more unconventional objects in my crafting, and Gerry and Tracy have both given me a new perspective on how to go about doing using various techniques to accomplish my goal!
I used my oil pencils to color these images.  As noted in past blog posts, coloring is not one of my strong points.  When I was a child, my mother jokingly threatened to break all my crayons. She encouraged me to spend more time playing with my jacks or my Bolo bat! 
Mom would be proud.  I still have Skills!
Thanks for Stopping By!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah
Stuff I Used:

5 comments:

  1. Adorable card, cute images. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Chana, this is a wonderful selection of images and colours, so beautiful, well done on your fab colouring, you look like a colourist to me :).
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, those gnomes are super cute. María, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little guys are so sweet. Love the card. Happy creative weekend, Angelka xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana