Monday, July 5, 2021

A PLACE TO START - JULY 2021 CHALLENGE 7 -The Blessings of The Ancestors

 Hello, Crafty Mates!

This month's challenge at A Place To Start is

Craft Your Favorite Holiday/Celebration

I have chosen the birth of a child as my favorite!

Blessings of the Ancestors
This beautiful digital stamp by artist Robert Jackson has been in my digital image stash for almost six months.  This image speaks to me on so many levels.  More now than ever before, I need to believe that each new generation will live free from oppression, free from disenfranchisement, and free from fear. May each generation learn to listen to the voices in the wind, the voices of our ancestors!
~  ~  ~  ~  ~
I don't do a lot of CAS, I am not so good at it, and technically, this card is not pure CAS.  To fit the true description of Clean And Simple design, more than fifty percent of my face panel (topper) would need to remain totally untouched. Additionally, CAS projects should be designed so multiple cards can be created over a short period of time.  The amount of time needed to stamp, print, stencil, and color the images moved this project way beyond CAS. Not many crafters have been able to master that skill so the definition of CAS has been expanded.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah



22 comments:

  1. Prachtige kaart Chana!

    Hele mooie kleuren en ik
    vind de achtergrond schitterend.

    Groetnis fan Ina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the colours. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and beautiful image. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chana: Your new baby card is very special! What a keepsake this will be for the recipient! I can imagine this being framed and on display in the child's room. The image is magnificient and the stenciled background is a perfect match! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous design. Thanks for sharing it with us and wishing you a happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful hun, I love it!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, gorgeous image and beautiful background, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this card is awesome. That stamp is beautiful. And the background is awesome. María, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is stunnig, beautiful image and fantastic background. Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful look of a mother on her newborn - a very expressive image!!! So beautifully colored, and such a great background too! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosi! I am a big fan of your work!

      Delete
  11. I don't know how I missed this card Chana, it is truly beautiful with the gorgeous colouring and colour mix. The image is so "motherly", the background is perfect for it and the sentiment is very powerful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana