Tuesday, July 20, 2021

SOS #450 - QUIT BUGGING ME - STEAMPUNK BEETLE

 Hello, Crafty Makers!
It is time for another fortnight challenge at
I am not a big fan of insects. I don't care how pretty they may be (butterflies and ladybugs.) I prefer to admire them from a distance.

STEAMPUNK BEETLE
This card was fairly simple to complete!  Both the background and the beetle were colored using Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink.  I used a black Sharpie™ to create faux black matting around my panel.  I added Glossy Accents to create a little more interest, and I was done!

I live in the South, and I have made peace with the fact that bugs are simply one more thread in the crazy fabric of southern living.  It does not matter how clean you keep your house or how much you pay your pest control service, southern bugs are the Michael Jordans of the insect world.  You can't stop them, you can only hope to contain them.

That said, I cannot explain why I like this beetle image so much.  It took much self-control to refrain from purchasing another steampunk beetle image.  The second one is full-on steampunk and would have integrated well with some AALL&Create background stamps.

Thanks for stopping by.  I look forward to finding out what is Bugging You!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah




22 comments:

  1. I'm with you as to the bugs. However, I too love how you have used this bug to make a very impressive card, love the little gold details and the lovely background. A Super card Chana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job with this scary looking bug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely brilliant card and I love the fabulous bug(as long as it's only a stamp lol)
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would have thought of a Steampunk Beetle and there are more? Awesome card, super job on the black border oh my goodness you must have a truly steady hand, mine would look like the ocean (wavy) Super job with the challenge theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is fantastic, I'm a big steampunk fan so this was awesome to me.
    Bugs, on the other hand, are one of the reasons I stay in the North, I've heard and witnessed how big some of those bugs can get. Have a blessed day, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori!
      The north has rodents! Ugh! I was born in Philadelphia!
      :D)

      Delete
  6. oh my gosh! such a beautiful and elegant card which does not look "simple" in any way, tho of course you make it look easy lol! WOW! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my I love this. Anything Steampunk is brilliant in my eyes. I like bugs when they stay were they belong. Good job you didn't see my Friday post as I was showing everyone what goes on in my pond filter! Thanks for the lovely comment over at mine too. Happy creative week, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome Chana!
    I love how you've used a Sharpie to create a faux layer!! So smart!!!
    As much as I love your creation, I really hope I never come across a beetle that big!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen a Horned Beetle in person, only on TV. and now on your fabulous card, you did a fantastic job making it look so very real.
    Awesome card, teammate.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Chana, just popped over to see what you're up to and realised I'm not one of your followers and I thought I was but I've sorted that now. Have a great wee, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a beautiful card!
    xx
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing post, Thank you for share with us. clipping path

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing post, Thank you for share with us. clipping path

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Admin, I hope you are fine. I'm one of the biggest fans, I like to read your blogs and I've also shared your blogs with my family members and friends. I hope in future you'll publish more blogs like your old ones. Please accept my thanks on my behalf and from my family and friends.

    Faisal Town Phase 2
    Multi Gardens Phase 2
    1947 Housing Islamabad
    Skip Hire Near Me
    Mini Skip Hire
    2 Yard Skip
    4 Yard Skip
    6 Yard Skip
    8 Yard Skip
    Skip Hire Covered Locations
    Skip Hire FAQs
    Skip Hire Nottingham
    Skip Hire Sheffield
    Midi Skip Hire Prices
    Builders Skip Hire Prices
    Maxi Skip Hire Prices
    RORO Skip Hire Prices

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana