Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Shopping Our Stash - Challenge #499 - Love Makes The World Go Round

 Hello, Crafty Peeps!

I am so happy to return to the design team at 
I have been on a very long sabbatical, and it feels good to be back with my teammates!
~  ~  ~  ~

I was planning to return in July, but when I saw the challenge for this fortnight, I just had to jump right in!

The challenge is to use a sentiment or quote as the focal point of your card.  No colored images or stamped images.  Let's make words the focus on this project!

I have not used my "Love" die or my WRMK Next Level "Hearts" EF in a few years, and it has been even longer since I used my crimper!  In my head , I could just see those two elements working together perfectly as anchors for my focal.

I was surprised at how quickly this project came together.  Even my faux-water colored panel turned out perfect on the first try. 
I cut a circle frame from craft foam to give the focal depth. The sentiment panel is mounted on double-sided foam tape!
The embossed hearts add texture and depth to the design!  I cut the sentiment three times and glued them together.  I added an adhesive-backed rhinestone for a little extra interest!
The crimped bottom is just fun!  I drew inspiration from a Pinterest project.  I knew crimping would be great for this card.
As usual, I kept the inside simple.  This card is going to be included in a client's order so I need to leave white space.

Craft Along With Me

My teammates have created some inspiring projects.   Pop over and take a look!  Shopping Our Stash.

Stuff I Used:

8 comments:

  1. Way to go shopping your stash...found a crimper!! Yippie...it has been years since I have used mine also!! So much great texture on your card between the crimper and the embossing folder...fantastic!! Welcome back to the team!! You have created great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our new "Sentimentally Yours challenge over at Shopping Out Stash!! #SOS499

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dj! It only took about 45 minutes for me to find my crimper. I thought I had sent it to Goodwill!

      Delete
  2. Great to have you back with us, your video was very informative I must try the faux watercolour, I'm not too good with the real one. Super card for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara! It is good to be back. Yeah, I am awful with water coloring! :D)

      Delete
  3. The contrast between the white background and that colourful circle is fantastic and the sentiment is perfect for it. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Maria! I am enjoying my foray into CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 'watercolor' background...I haven't done that technique in a while, and now I'm inspired! Great video, I'm eager to learn how to make them in a more time efficient way, I only time will help that. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog today, I appreciate the kindness and your time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristin! I appreciate you taking the time to make a return visit! Hugz!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana