Tuesday, February 13, 2024

SHOPPING OUR STASH #515 -Put Your Best Face Forward

 Hello, Happy Creatives!

Here's hoping that everyone had more roses than thorns this week in crafting and in life!

I like the challenge theme this fortnight at Shopping Our Stash!

"Put Your Best Face Forward"

Please include a human face in your project!

I actually ended up creating two cards for this challenge!  In the first project, you cannot see the face, so...  But, about three months ago, I die-cut and colored this little ballerina.  I was really just testing the die.  I purchased it online at Temu about 8 months ago but never used it.  I had her taped to the iPad on my craft table.  I just knew the opportunity to use her would eventually present itself.  There is an entire story to this.  Watch my YouTube video! :D)

One Step At A Time

~~~~~~~~~~

They are a little difficult to see, but I stamped musical scales onto the green DSP.  The DSP is about five years old.  I got it at Michaels  It is Core' dinations'  "Light Green Crosshatch."  IRL, The design in the paper mixed with the musical scales has a very nice visual impact.  

The circle layer just below the image has been in my stash for over a year.  I had some teardrop ink pads that were drying up and I decided that I would just stamp on a piece of scrap paper there was no rhyme or reason to my stamping, but the end result was stunning.  I punched various shapes to be used in future projects.
I always keep the inside of my cards simple.  I know people like to write notes on them.
THIS IS A TRUE STORY
I went to the SOS DT Blog to check on the next challenge!  My mouth just dropped!  This card is perfect for two of the upcoming challenges.  Oh, well, I will think of something between now and when those projects are due!
We Look forward to seeing your "Best Face" cards!



Hugz,
Chana Malkah!
Stuff I used From My Stash:






















WRMK - Next Level 3D Embossing Folder - "Dotted"  (RETIRED)

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Chana, she's a beauty! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I thought you were mixed up on the challenges LOL. Yes I always have to test my dies when I get them and sometimes they end up in a too be used box and really come in handy. The ballerina is beautiful, I love the shaped card and the die cuts. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR! When I saw those challenges I was like " I nail three challenges with one card! :D) Thanks, Barb!

      Delete
  3. Your dancer is divine!! She IS putting her best face forward!! Fantastic take on our new challenge over at Shopping Our Stash! Your dug into your stash and inspired those who will decide to play along with our "Put your best face forward" challenge...well done!! #SOS515

    ReplyDelete
  4. super lovely image, congrats !! happy day

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana