Wednesday, February 14, 2024

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - WOYWW #767

 Hello, Fellow Creatives!

It is time for another fabulous WOYWW Hop!  These weekly visits are so inspirational.  I have a notebook full of projects and techniques I want to try.   If you are curious about Julia's fun hop, visit

  Julia's Blog (Stamping Ground.)  


I am currently working on a 90th Birthday Card!  This is a commissioned project, so every element must be perfect.  On my desk tonight (Tuesday) is my first practice card!  I am using an embossing stylus to create white flowers on vellum.
The vellum paper has been embossed with gold embossing powder.  To create the white flowers, the image is embossed from the reverse side using a ball-tipped stylus!
I wish the gold glitter showed up better, but these photos were taken inside my video editing program, so they are not the best!
I am still undecided about the card base but have settled on the sentiment.  Wednesday night is my deadline to complete this card.  I also have to make the envelope!

During the week, I completed two cards for my blog.  One is posted; the other I cannot show until I post it!  But here is my ballerina!

I have been playing around with my new promotional toy that arrived yesterday.  It is convenient to not have to use my large treadmill. This walking mat, as they are sometimes called, fits perfectly under the bed!  Now, the Hubster and I don't have to take turns.
 
Well, that is me for this week!  Next week I hope to be able to share projects I created using some promotional stamps and dies!

Be well, stay safe, and crack on!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah
~~~~
I am trying to find the name of the author of this poem.  Given the state of things here in America these days, I often think of this poem.

The Hypocrite
She spoke of heaven and the angelic host,
She spoke of G-d and the Holy Ghost.
She spoke of Christ's teachings,
Of man's brotherhood,
But when asked to sit next to a Negro once,
She stood!

25 comments:

  1. Everyone I've visited so far this week has been so productive! it must be the hints of spring we're having here anyway! Happy WOYWW helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - our treadmill is broken at the moment so looking at that with interest! Also, loving your cards - the vellum one is really delicate and pretty!
    Happy WOYWW so Ready, set, hop!
    Mary Anne (12)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Anne! I am loving this thing!

      Delete
  3. Nice 'Dance' card but the parchment craft takes the medal with me. I used to do parchment myself so know how easy it is to mess up. That is heartbreaking when it happens after hours of work. Yours looks lovely and I love how the stylus brings the white out and makes for such a pleasing design.
    Thankyou for the prayers.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Neet! So glad you are doing better!

      Delete
  4. That walking mat is interesting, it doesn’t take up as much space as a normal treadmill - as I have balance issues, I dont know if it would be for me but I hope you get lots of good walking in on it! Love the ballerina card and your embossed flowers are so pretty!
    Hugs LLJ 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Ménière Disease, so balance is definitely an issue, however there are stands that you can buy if you need something to hold.

      Delete
  5. Your card is beautiful and I hope the client will be pleased. On a rainy day like today, I can see the advantage of a treadmill! Your poem was nicely sharp. Could it be a Dorothy Parker?
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 8 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can only walk indoors. My Dermatomyositis prevents me from taking long walks outside. I can only be in the sun for around 20 minutes (even with sun block)before the effects become deleterious.

      I don't think it was Dorothy Parker but it does have that vibe!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card, a lot of hard work there . . . .
    What a powerful poem!
    I have met discrimination in a lot of countries, the most shocking to me was in a Chinese Restaurant in Lagos, Nigeria. We really confused the owner . . . did he place us in the white area or the black area as it was a birthday party for the elders of the Church. We took it out of his hands and sat in the black area so that we could be stared at by the 'privileged' whites!!
    But we had a great evening and that is what counts . . .
    Silly question . . . do you place the walking platform alongside your hubby's and pretend you're out in the country together lol
    Have a good week
    Christine #15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Christine, I have not done that, not yet anyway! The irony of being confronted by racism from Chinese immigrants in the largest country on the continent of Africa! Unfortunately, Africa is experiencing its second wave of colonization! SMH!
      Hugz!

      Delete
  7. Loving the parchment work Chana. That walking mat looks very useful. The poem sums up many sadly. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #16

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very profound poem. I wanted to ask how you did the envelope minis with the stack the desk system? Are the pages very small? Lovely embossing and lovely ballerina too. Have fun on your walking equipment. Happy WOYWW Angela #6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to find the tutorial I used! I think it was Laura Dennison! I will check and then respond on your blog! Hugz!

      Delete
  9. Thanks Chana for the lovely comments over at mine. You are right it's so inspiring visiting all these artistic people. Hope you manage to play with some of those projects soon. Enjoy the new exercise mat too. Sending woyww hugs Angela x2x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing flower card and adore the ballerina (slightly biased as I'm a dancer). Take care on the walking mat. Hugs BJ#5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, BJ! I will be safe! The Hubster has decided he will be my spotter! :D)

      Delete
  11. That poem says everything, doesn't it? I just wish more people would "wake up" and see what's happening in America. VOTE!! OK, off my soapbox. I'm in Canada, but still a US citizen, so I will make my vote count. Your birthday card is beautiful! I'm sure she will love it. And the ballerina is lovely as well! I feel so bad for ballerinas, good thing dancing is their passion, because it certainly is a painful career! Have a wonderful week, Happy ❤️ Day! Lindart #19

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very politically active! I am one of those annoying people who call and text for the DNC!
    Ballerinas often have ugly feet! I was so surprised! But I guess it is worth it, ballet is beautiful! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your visit. Enjoyed your beautiful photos today. I always enjoy cards for the Older Group, 80/90's they delight in the fun of receiving. Your 2 cards are beautiful Enjoy a great weekend. Our weather in Iowa has been AWESOME maybe a little snow later today, but with temps coming up of 50 it won't last ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit and the nice coment!
      Hugz!

      Delete
  14. ooh lovely card for the 90th commission and I love the poem too. Not seen a walking mat before, brilliant idea. thanks for visiting my desk already
    kyla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana