Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Shopping Our Stash #516 - It's Not Easy Being Green!

 Hello, Crafty Makers!
Time flies and it doesn't much care whether you are having fun or not!  Fortunately for paper crafters, we are always having fun!  Two weeks have flown by and it is now time for another fortnight challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
Theme:  It's Not Easy Being Green
Create a "Mostly Green" Project!
Paper Piecing and Bokeh Tag!
The paper-pieced dress is a deep Hunter Green and translates as black to my camera, I guess.  I had so much fun creating this tag!  As usual, I was reviewing a 6"x6" DSP paper that is being marketed on Amazon for St. Patrick's Day!  I always try to submit videos with my reviews and I like to include a completed project.  This did not take very long.
Stash items: tag, brad, ribbon, prima doll stamp, distress inks!
The sentiment posed the biggest issue!  I finally settled on die-cutting the sentiment from a scrap piece of library card paper which I then colored with Bundled Sage and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Inks.

I have had these Prima Doll Tags in my stash for many years.  I purchased them when the Prima Dolls were first released.  The brad and ribbon are also both around 12 years old!.  Before I began layering on my Bokeh circles, I applied light layers of "Bundled Sage, Vintage Photo, and Peeled Paint " Distress Inks to the tag.  I wanted to mute the beige cardstock so that my green bokeh would be highlighted!

The green in her dress, and shoes, is more evident here!  I decided I wanted to add a sub-sentiment and this Bokeh circle was the perfect location!  The DSP has a glossy finish which adds interest to the project!

My teammates have created super green projects for this challenge!  We look forward to seeing what you create!  Remember, tell us what stash items you are using!

Thanks for Stopping By!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

10 comments:

  1. Great job - I love this! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinking cute...that plaid dress...those polk-a-dots....perfection!! Way to go shopping your stash...You are sure to inspire those who decide to play along with our new challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. You rocked our "It's not easy being green" challenge with your sweet tag!! #SOS516

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! WOW! Chana, what a fabulous die and tag, love how you used green and the wonderful positive sentiments, very creative. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a super cute tag! The little girl wearing the plaid dress is wonderfully created and I love the "you matter" sentiment on the side too. Great greens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! The image is a Prima Doll "Betty!"

      Delete
  5. Lovely Tag , congrats 😊💐 have a great day

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana