Hello, Crafty Peeps!
Simple challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash - How Do You De-Stress?
For some it is a walk on the beach, or rock climbing, or vegging out in front of the TV! Maybe playing online games! Whatever your de-stressing passion, we would like to see you attempt to capture that in a project.
Creating mixed media projects is my great de-stresser! I love playing with paint, and the excitement of not really knowing how the final project will look is an elixer for me! For my canvas panel, I incorporated one or two of my favorite crafting techniques (Vintage and Decoupage) and then added some other de-stressors, such as listening to music, watching the sunset with my hubby, reading, and dancing! When I stress eat, I eat fruit, so I figured a big grapefruit would be appropriate. The word at the bottom of the panel is "Transform." I think I put just a wee bit too much crackle!
1. Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the front of panel and allow to dry
2. Position Cocktail Napkin (single ply) as desired, cover with Parchment Paper.
3. Use craft iron to apply even heat to the napkin. Do not leave iron in one place too long.
4. Wait for surface to cool, then apply 1-2 coats of Mod Podge. Allow to dry completely.
5. Paint and collage as desired.
Cocktail Napkin: Fruit Expressions by Elise
Stencil: Dina Wakley for Ranger - You Can
Distress Spray Stains: Cracked Pistachio, Abandoned Coral, Picket Fence
Ranger Tissue Paper - Musical
Stash: Designer Paper Scraps, drywall tape, flower
Misc.: Gesso, Mod Podge, Varnish, Parchment Paper, Craft Iron.