Friday, August 17, 2018

CAS Colours and Sketches - Take Flight

Hello, Crafty Makers!
Today, I crafted two cards for submission to 
CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge.  
~~~~~~~~~
 For my first design, I used the smoosh technique with Ranger Distress Oxide Inks to create my "faux" watercolored background.  I arranged my feather stamps using my Tim Holtz Stamping Tool.  I had only four small stamps in this collection, so I had to stamp twice but using the tool made short work of that.  I added Wink of Stella to the feathers and I was done!
Note Card Size: 4.25"x5.5", Panel Size: 4.0"x5.25"
Panel:
Materials:
Hot Off The Press "Feathers" Stamp Collection
Neenah "Ebony" and "Brilliant White" Linen Cardstock
Wink of Stella
Ranger Distress Oxide Inks: 
Peeled Paint, Fossilized Amber, Broken China
Other Inks:
Ranger Distress Ink: Vintage Photo, StazOn Solvent "Jet Black"
~~~~~~~~
For this second project, I first stamped and heat embossed the feathers and sentiment.  Then, I painted my background using my distress inks.  I felt the white spaces needed to be toned down to allow the white embossed feathers to stand out more.  I achieved this by lightly dabbing Vintage Photo Distress Ink on most of the white spaces and to distress the edges of the panel. The final touch was to stamp a few star sprays around a few of the feathers and apply a little Wink of Stella to my feathers.  I was going for an abstract presentation and I think I got there.
Note Card Size: 4.25"x5.5", Black Layer: 4.0"x5.25 Panel Size: 4-3/8"x 5-1/8"
Panel:
Materials:
Hot Off The Press "Feathers" Stamp Collection
Neenah "Ebony" and Brilliant White Linen Cardstock
White Embossing Powder, Wink of Stella
Ranger Distress Oxide Inks: 
Peeled Paint, Fossilized Amber, Broken China
Other Inks:
Ranger Distress Ink: Vintage Photo, StazOn Solvent "Jet Black" 

Happy Making!
HUGZ,
CHANA MALKAH


Submitted To:
CAS Colours & Sketches
 CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge




4 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Love how you used the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your interpretation of the sketch. Thank you for joining us for this week's CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Love how you've used the feathers to interpret our sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Please come back with us again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana