Monday, March 1, 2021

A PLACE TO START - MARCH CHALLENGE #3 - PICK A SHAPE

 Hello, Crafty Peeps!
This month at A Place To Start we are challenging you to show us your clever use of shapes.  The shape can be the shape of your card, your embellishment, your sentiment, or all of the above.  You may use one or as many shapes as you like.  Have Fun!

FAIRY TALES
I chose to create a square card (5"x 5") base. 
 I also chose to use circles to create my fairy garden!
~  ~  ~  ~  ~
PICK A SHAPE CHOICES

My background was created by layering Distress Oxide Inks.  I used the smoosh technique to add the inks to my base. 
I smooshed the ink onto my silicone mat, sprayed it with water, and then dragged my card through it.  I would look at the result and press the card into the ink color that I wanted in a particular area.   Distress Oxides don't get muddy like regular distress inks, but I would still advise caution in choosing colors.
I used two colors at a time, using my heat tool to dry the inks between layers.  I did not have a particular color scheme in mind so I just kept adding inks until I had a blend that I liked.  I knew I would be using a 5"x5" base, so I used a 5-1/2"x5-1/2" piece of cardstock to create my background.

Once I was satisfied with my blend, I positioned my images (I used removable tape to position my circle die on the area I wanted to use) and stamped them using my stamp platform.  After that, I stamped text in selected areas The highlighting around the fairy was created by masking her upper body with a scrap circle piece and brushing the ink from the center outward.
  
The fairy's petals were colored with Arteza brush markers and water.  Liquid Pearls™ was added and sprayed with glitter to create sparkle around the fairy. I added glitter glue to the fairy's wings.  I also used my Sharpie paint marker to add white dots in selected places.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope to see your projects in the challenge at A Place To Start!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah
Stuff I Used:
  Stamps:
Recollections Clear Stamp: "Fairies"
Bo Bunny Clear Stamps: "Snow Day"
Martha Stewart Crafts: "Doily Lace Butterflies"
Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps: "Light of Christmas" (script text)

6 comments:

  1. WOW! What a stunning effect Chana, this is absolutely Gorgeous, love the circle and the square mix too.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of circles. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love your card. Adore the background you created. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful, I love how you've played with the different stamps to create that fantastic scene. María, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO pretty, Chana! The colors are mesmerizing - they really draw you in to look at everything on the card! You could totally frame this one! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great challenge and loving your take on it. Happy creating, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana