Monday, October 4, 2021

A PLACE TO START - OCTOBER 2021, CHALLENGE #10 - Purely Handmade "Fauxbonichi Agenda"

Hello, Crafty Mates!

Three months have passed since my last blog post.  I wish I could say that I am 100% and ready to start crafting full-time again, but that is not the case.  I miss "making" stuff!  Anyway, completing this project forced me to work on my small motor skills.

ALERT !!!!!
 LONG POST WITH LOTS OF PICTURES
100% Handmade Fauxbonichi Agenda
Bookmaking is another one of my crafting passions.  When I came up with the idea of a 100% handcrafted challenge, I thought a handmade journal/planner would be the perfect project.
The Cover
To create my cover, I used heavyweight chipboard and covered it with grey textured cardstock.
I knew I would sometimes use the planner out of its jelly cover, so I added corner protectors.
Transparent Leather Cover
Creating this cover was easy.  I only had to measure, fold, pin, and then sew the four edges of the cover.  To remain true to the challenge, I hand-stitched the edges.
Front - Inside:  I was able to create one long pocket, and one rounded corner pocket on the inside of my front and back covers.  These provide storage for my sticker kits and decorative paper clips.
I used papers from one of The HoneyBShop "Babe Boxes" to decorate the inside covers and fly pages.  I also used them as cover pages for my inserts.
Handstitched Inserts
I used the fly page opposite my monthly insert as an "inbox."  To create the pocket for my sticker sheet (below the note pad) I used an adhesive pocket mounted sideways.
I used this pretty floral for my weekly insert.  It gives the eyes relief from the strong geometrics on the other inserts.
"Hustle" and "Growth" are my vision words for 2022.  I just love the beautiful design on this paper.  Because "The BabeBox" comes with a digital component, I was able to upload the pages to PS and manipulate them as needed.
Handmade Beaded Dangle
I have wanted to try this for a while.  I used to make stick pins, so I had tons of beads in my stash.  For some reason, I purchased a 50pc bundle of embroidery floss, so I had everything I needed to create this cute embellishment.

The inserts were all hand-cut and sewn using a
Sea Lemon Tutorial for Kettle Stitch Binding.


Page Marker Pockets
No agenda is complete without page markers.  I had seen a video a few years back that I wanted to try.  Fortunately, the Etsy Shop that sold the Craft Cart Stickers had a few left in stock.  The stickers are no longer available, but they sell a companion note pad that can be used instead.  I surely hope she restocks because these carts are the best.  Most months, my BabeBox sticker book has a craft cart sticker included.  I am going to try to create a page pocket using one of those.
THE END
Thanks for stopping by!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah
Stuff I Used:
Designer Papers: The HoneyBShop - June Digital Babe Box 
Hobonichi Style Inserts: Rhoro Designs (Etsy)
Craft Cart Stickers: Frank Hearts You Etsy)
Hobinichi Weeks Sticker Kits: Plan4Happy (Etsy)

Other Companies: Inserts, clips, pens, etc.
Goldmine and Cocoa
Simply Gilded
The Planner's Society
Krafted by Kayy

14 comments:

  1. Gosh, this is stunning. You put a lot of work in this project. Love how you decorate the inside covers and pages. Hope you will get 100% well soon. Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous planner and the pretty colors my favorites, good to see you back, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you back Chana and hope you feel better soon.This is a brilliant make,love all the beautiful papers,jelly cover and fabulous dangle
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I'm spechless, this agenda is simply gorgeous, wow, what a beautiful and fantastic job. The design of the different parts is super elegant and original. María, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Chana this really is hands on and a fabulous creation you are so skilled. I am sorry not to have realised that you have been unwell but pleased to learn that you are recovering well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning work Chana and lots of work. Very nice idea. Wonderful agenda book. The details are beautiful. Have a creative month. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic make Chana, love all the photos, a pen holder and pink, cant argue with pink and perfect way to keep your pens, love all the details and colours and cute pictures, love the bead embellishment too..fabulous project, love it..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to "see" you again Chana and with an awesome make, incredible detail and gorgeousness. Love your beaded jangle. All so beautiful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is truly a stunning "hand-made" project! Chana, you have outdid yourself with this journal from the cover, binding, and page inserts. The bookmark is fabulous...would love to place one in my book. Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waouh ! Quel travail !
    Mais surtout quelle belle réussite pour ce planner.
    J'adore.
    MaryannG
    Wow ! What work !
    But above all what a great success for this planner.
    I love.
    MaryannG

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow your art journal is fantastic!! I keep trying to make and use one myself but I never seem to be able to find the inspiration. I've been worrying on prettying up my minimalist bullet journal - baby steps eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana