Wednesday, February 21, 2024

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #768

 Hello, Crafty Mates!

Welcome back to another WOYWW "Friendly" Blog Hop!  It is just delightful to visit other crafters' blogs to see and chat with them about current projects, and classes they are taking. This is a fun group of talented crafters!   Visit 
Julia's Blog (Stamping Ground) and learn how to join us!
My desk is pretty static today!  I am sorting through products that I need to review to get caught up and because I am trying to declutter my studio.  I cannot think when I am surrounded by "stuff!"  I did complete some projects and I will share those!
This is a cute locking diary!  After it is reviewed, I will gift it to my granddaughter.  Underneath the journal and to the right of it, are other small products that need to be reviewed.  I have tomorrow blocked off and plan to put my head down and get this done!
I am looking forward to using these alcohol inks!  The colors are all neutral. If I can give them a positive review, I will order some of their colors.  They would be a nice alternative to Tim Holtz!  There is also some paper for St. Pat's Day (I'd better get on that) and stamp sets.  The Panda stamps have the accompanying dies!

I am posting two cards on my blog today!  The Birthday Card for the 90-year-old and the sample that I prepared using one of my promotional products.  They were on my last WOYWW post, but not the finished projects!

The gold embossing does not show in this photo.
but it shows a bit better in this one.

Life
I love this card! This is how I feel about my life right now!  I am ready to embrace whatever comes next!
~~~~~~
Those of us who live in Atlanta, Georgia were blessed to know so many civil rights giants!  Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was one and Dr. Benjamin E. Mays was another. This poem, by Dr. Mays, is a community favorite!

I Only Have A Minute
                                                                  by Dr. Benjamin E. Mays
I have only just a minute
Only sixty seconds in it.
Forced upon me, can't refuse it. 
 Didn't seek it, didn't choose it.
But it's up to me to use it. 
I must suffer if I lose it.  
Give account if I abuse it.
Just a tiny little minute, but eternity is in it!
~~~~~~~~~


Peace, Out!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

20 comments:

  1. Your cards are lovely. It must be fabulous to have so many articles to review. My craft room could do with decluttering or may be I just need a bigger craft room! Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much going on here today, looks like you're having fun. Lovely cards too, the last one has a very positive sentiment which makes it a very happy card. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a thought provoking poem each week Chana. The cards turned out so well. Love the image on the last card in particular. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like to see the poems on your blog, Chana. Your cards are beautiful.
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 16 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the embossing plate you've used in the background for the flower card. I wish I could say that I am ready for whatever comes next as life keeps throwing rubbish at me! I hope your daughter likes the diary. I remember having a locking diary when I was younger, full of exciting secrets (not!) Lisa-Jane #9 https://www.prettymypage.co.uk/woyww-768/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog . Your cards are lovely and the poem is appropriate.bwr should post more poetry, I think. x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy all the new goodies, I've not used my TH alcohol inks for ages, (along with so much else..) Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you do much reviewing of products? It’s interesting to see what you have to comment on, do you have a choice in what’s sent to you? Love the cards, the second speaks to me too!
    Hugs LLJ 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chana, thanks for your visit and kind comments. Fags are slang for cigarettes, daggots can either be meatballs or small bundles of firewood. Hugs Lynnecrafts xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are beautiful - I love the poppies on the first one, what a great stamp. it must be interesting reviewing products - I can imagine it might be an ideal way to discover you need more stash!
    Have a great week,
    Diana xx #15

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well my little cat Bailey awoke me 3 am...seems he was sooooooooooo hungary ? Thanks for your visit, With this very warm weather we have been out and about enjoying it. So playing catch up, I love your beautiful cards. And that Poem sure hits home with me.... Have fun with your new inks will be fun to see them in action. I too have to finish up decluttering in my crafty space and the storage area. WoW just too many things I don't use anymore. I donate...downsizing to much work dusting and decorating for monthly Holidays. No one visits much anymore, Enjoy a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your -"where your get up and go has been" addition to the saying I often use myself, and the card about life being a beautiful ride. Lots of lovely products to review, what a col thing to do as you get the products. Hugs BJ#12

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you are super busy! And still your desk looks pretty tidy and orderly to me! Be interesting to hear about the alternative alcohol inks, specially if they are competitively priced! Lovely cards, such a leasire to make something you're happy with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh the card turned out really well. Interesting stash you are reviewing too and hope it all goes well.
    thanks for visiting my desk already
    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Sunday, Chana!
    Oh, I do love that poem! He was so right. Your cards are lovely. I didn't realize you review products. Here's a tip.. I don't edit my videos LOL. I don't have the time. Either they like them, or not. I'm good. I applaud you for becoming a 'master editor' LOL.
    Creative Blessings!
    ~ Kelly #18

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Chana
    Lovely cards. I found the ballerina on your YT channel. Thanks for sharing more of that. I do love that poem. If this comes through as a duplicate comment, I apologize. Didn't see it post the first time. Creative Blessings! Kelly #18

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana