Monday, September 14, 2015

Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge - Use Pink - Crafty Friend Gift Box

Hello, Crafty Peeps!



Sharing today my creation for this week's challenge at The Outlawz!  I am the September GDT for the Monday Greetings Team and our theme this week is Use Pink!  In addition to finding some wonderful inspiration, you also have the opportunity to win a great prize.

I have wanted, for a while now, to make this wonderful "Double Flip" gift box.  For this challenge, I created a "Crafty Friend" gift selection and it fit perfectly into this large box.


What a cool way to send a "crafty" to your favorite creative buddy!

The tutorial for this box can be found on Crafty Caroline's YouTube Channel

The angled cuts on the side add graphic interest to the design.
(Yes, one flap is slightly crooked.  Should have used the cutter!)
 The flaps were coated with Mod Podge Sparkle.  
I also spinkled on a little Fairy Dust Glitter for additional sparkle!
 The fold over flaps on the inside of the box add sturdiness and stability.  To keep the design cohesive, I  glued a piece of card stock to the bottom of my box.


Supplies Used:
Designer Paper - Pink Paisleee "Oyster Bar"
Base Paper - Bazzill Card Stock (from my stash, don't know color)
Flower - Prima Flowers "Life Time"
Crystals -  Prima - "Sunrise Sunset"
Distress Inks - Black Soot, Vintage Photo
Misc: Ephemera (7 Gypsies), Crystal Heart (stash), Fairy Dust Glitter "Sugar Shimmer"

Thanks for Stopping By
HUGZ!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful box design and your flower on top is gorgeous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous box, Chana. I love your gorgeous flower.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful sweetie. Sorry I am not around much but hubby very ill.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely make Chana. I love that flower. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana