Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge - Use The Smooshing Technique

Hello, Crafty Makers!
This SOS Challenge features one of my favorite techniques: Smooshing!  
Of course, I had to create two cards for this challenge!

Smooshing is a  fun way to create a "faux" watercolor look especially for non-painters like me. The technique works with all ink types.
I admire the work of Tammy Tutterow and was so happy when she joined Spellbinders® Stamp Designers.  This is my favorite, I think!

Stash Items Used:
Bazzill Basics - Hummingbird
Neenah - Natural White
Tim Holtz™ - Water Color Paper
Tammy Tutterow™ (for Spellbinders®) Be Sunny
Ranger Distress Inks: Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade, Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Scattered Straw, and Vintage Photo
Glossy Accents (just a drop)
Water
I laminated a piece of cardstock and used that as a proof sheet for mixing my colors.   I applied the ink directly to my acetate sheet, spritzed it with water and then "smooshed" it on the cardstock.
 ~~~~~~
 Smoosh, Splatter, Swipe and Emboss
Two years ago, I was a Guest Designer for ClearSnap®.  One of their partners at the time was Hot Off The Press™ and they sent this fabulous "Feathers" stamp set to all the designers.  I have provided the link to Paper Wishes which is the site for HOTP retail customers.

Stash Items Used:
Bazzill Basic - Wild Pansey
PaperTrey - White Cardstock
Paper Wishes™ "Feathers" Stamps w/Sentiments
Tim Holtz Rub On - Elements
ColorBox® - White Embossing Powder
 Distress Inks:  Milled Lavender, Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, Cracked Pistachio!
Water
For this card front, I applied the ink to my laminated sheet, spritzed with water and then applied the diluted ink to the card front.  I wanted more control and I wanted to do more splashing, wiping and splattering than smooshing.  Some designers like to have a plan before they smoosh.  I just freestyle!
(CLICK SMOOSHING TO SEE TUTORIAL)

Happy Making!
HUGZ,
Chana Malkah

6 comments:

  1. A two-fer! And what gorgeous cards too! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooooooooooooooooooo incredibly lovely! yowza, missus! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Chana, love the smooshed colors on both, my favorite is the one with the feather, I love that sentiment.
    Awesome cards, teammate.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are terrific. I love smooshing, too, but I will love it more after I follow your lead and laminate a piece of white cardstock... derrr! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhh Chana, those are just beautiful, I am also in love with that feather!
    Just fab!! xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! The image looks fantastic and I love the paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana