Saturday, January 19, 2019

Here and Now - Lots of Hearts - Art Impressions Challenge

Hello, Crafty Makers! 
Today I am featuring another image from my friend Rick St. Dennis' January "Hearts" bundle.   The theme of the challenge over at Art Impressions is "Lots of Hearts" and no one has more hearts than this fella!

Wrapped Up In Hearts
This is another one of my Wrap Cards.  I wanted to play around with a different shape and practice using shapes for which I don't have dies.
I colored the image and then cut it out leaving a one-eighth inch border around the edges.  Next, I traced around the edges of my cut image on the red cardstock and cut it remembering to leave a small section on the fold to serve as my hinge.  I traced the image again on a piece of white card stock to be used on the back of the flap.
I used my heart die to trace the shape onto the red card stock and then cut it out by hand, again remembering to leave a small portion attached at the fold.  Then I cut two white hearts for the second flap and two small red hearts.  One for the inside panel and one for the front flap.

Although it does not show well here, Wink of Stella was applied to all of the hearts on the image.  I try not to use loose glitter because it tends to get stuck to everything and takes days to get rid of completely.  IRL, the shimmer is beautiful! 
Stop by Rick's Zibbet store and pick up his January Bundle ($7.00 for six digital images and one free surprise image) you'll love them!

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Challenges Entered:








5 comments:

  1. Hi Chana...Thank you so much for the very touching and encouraging words you left in my Blog. So glad that my card featured at 613 Avenue Create this month became a blessing to you reminding you of the faithfulness of God in every situation. The Lord continue to bless your life and reveal of Himself to you in this earthly journey. There's so much more to learn if we only open our hearts to His Word always. I'm glad to be a part of 613 Avenue Create and will continue to do so as the Lord allows. Have a wonderful weekend.

    JO ANN
    https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo Ann! You are a blessing to us all!
      Hugz!

      Delete
  2. WOW! your coloring is awesome and i am so impressed with your fold card!! that's a lot of work that sure payed off with an over the top card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose! I truly appreciate your kind words!
      Hugz!

      Delete
  3. A beautiful card, perfectly designed. I like the colors of the card.
    Thank you for joining our challenge in Crafting With An Attitude.
    BożenA DT CWAA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana